An inspiring internship location!
Dianova offers stimulating internships where students can gain work experience. The internship exposes students to the clinical practices implemented in the addiction treatment center. Students actively participate in the interventions, they are in direct contact with the residents. A series of internal trainings and team meetings help to consolidate professional skills.
Supervision and Evaluation: The internship is subject to supervision and evaluation in order to provide the trainee with the best means to carry out his / her work. His opinion will be taken into consideration and he will actively participate in the decisions that challenge him. These exchanges will allow the necessary adjustments during the internship, according to the skills and competences that the trainee will have developed or difficulties that he will encounter.
Limitations: No clinical decision can be made by the trainee. No individual interviews can be done by the trainee. Listening and helping others are recommended.
31 interns were welcomed in 2018: 14 students in medicine, 6 students in addiction, 3 in nursing, 1 in psychoeducation, 1 in police techniques, 1 in accounting, 1 in special education, 3 students in international internships.
In the course of 2018, a PhD student in social work completed a thesis project in Dianova on the subjective experience of users of drug addiction services in Montreal.
In addition, the center of Terrebonne is accessible by public transport with a bus stop at the entrance of the property. The center is located and 90 minutes from Montreal by public transport and 30 minutes by car.
Procedure for an International Placement Request
- A Skype interview is set to validate Dianova's ability to support the trainee's project. The internship coordinator communicates by email to confirm whether the process will be continued or not.
- A checklist of the steps to be taken, such as temporary immigration procedures, is sent by email to the candidate.
- Applicant sends confirmation of immigration acceptance Canada
(Caution: Dianova can not guarantee acceptance by Immigration Canada, nor even admission to Canadian territory which is the sole responsibility of the immigration officer at the point of entry).
- The candidate e-mails the internship objectives to the internship manager who integrates these objectives into a Dianova internship model. The internship coordinator and the candidate agree on the content of the internship and the adaptations to be made according to the academic objectives of the student.
- The candidate proposes start dates and end of training that he submits by email to the internship manager. A confirmation is sent by return email with the housing agreement if applicable.
- The candidate is then able to take a plane ticket to get to the Montreal-Trudeau Airport (YUL Code), he confirm the whole by email.
- The day before the flight, the candidate sends a confirmation of his arrival time.
- The internship manager confirms by email the transport by a Dianova staff or the need to take a taxi in case of major hindrance.